As of March 26th, 2021, Mecklenburg County is implementing updated COVID-19 restrictions as per Governor Roy Cooper's newest Executive Order 204. This update impacts private rental events at the Bechtler in the following ways:
- The mask mandate is still in effect until further notice and face masks are required at all times at the museum.
- Private Venues are at 50% room capacity. The capacity numbers for the Bechtler is dependent on the contracted rental space (Lobby, Plaza, Classroom, or Terrace).
- Seated wedding receptions are permitted with a 50% room capacity. For the Bechtler Lobby reception space, this capacity is a maximum of 75 guests for a seated wedding reception. Cocktail receptions are not permitted until further notice.
- The Bechtler will not permit hosting concurrent private events or split larger events into different event spaces to fit into the capacity restrictions. One private event (following the state's capacity guidelines) will be hosted at a time. We will not host more than one contracted event at a scheduled time.
- According to North Carolina officials, museums can open at 100% capacity under the new executive order. However, private events are still under the specific venue capacity restrictions as outlined above. The Bechtler's current policy will remain until further notice and will be monitored closely as Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, and CDC regulations change.
The Bechtler will continually monitor the progression of coronavirus-related restrictions and update accordingly. Our event polices are subject to change and each client is responsible for following the guidelines set by the Bechtler.
Walk-in site visits are no longer allowed. Please email@example.com schedule a site visit. We ask that site visits are limited to 3 people and all clients must where face masks while visiting the museum.
The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art is a powerful and imaginative setting for events and meetings. Located at the Levine Center for the Arts, within walking distance of the Charlotte Convention Center, the Bechtler is a unique space designed by internationally acclaimed architect Mario Botta.
PLAN AN EVENT
In addition to museum event rentals for corporate and nonprofit organizations, the Bechtler now provides rental space for private parties and social functions such as weddings, birthdays or anniversaries.
To request more information or to schedule a site visit, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your preferred dates, start and end times, guest count and any other specifics about your event.
TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR
Take a virtual tour of the museum's lobby by clicking on the image below: