The Bechtler Young Visionaries is an affiliate group of the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art designed to connect Charlotte’s young professionals (and those who are young at heart) with the museum and with others who share an interest in modern art and modernism. Bechtler Young Visionary members are invited to attend innovative programs and participate in community outreach projects. Steering Committee members assist in crafting activities and guiding the group's focus.
Benefits of Membership
- Invitations to BYV events and networking opportunities
- Free daily general museum admission
- Discounted tickets to the Bechtler’s annual fundraising gala
- Invitation to museum exhibition opening events
- Discounts at the museum store
- Discounted admission to museum programs like Jazz at the Bechtler, Modernism + Film, Guest Lectures and more
- Reciprocal member privileges at participating museums throughout the Southeastern U.S.
- All related museum membership benefits
Connect with the BYVs
Stay up to date with Bechtler Young Visionaries news and events:
- Join the BYV Facebook page
- Subscribe to our email list by typing "Bechtler Young Visionaries" in the comments field after noting your subscription preferences
- Email us with questions or comments at email@example.com
How to Join
To join the Bechtler Young Visionaries, you must first have a current Bechtler membership (purchase a standard individual membership here). Annual membership in the Bechtler Young Visionaries is $35 for an individual and $70 for a couple. The fee is added to any level of Bechtler Museum of Modern Art membership. Becoming a Bechtler Young Visionaries member is easy using one of these methods:
- Purchase a Bechtler membership online, then click here to add your BYV membership
- Download the Bechtler Young Visionaries brochure and mail back the enrollment form
- Stop by the Bechtler's admission desk
- Or call 704.353.9200
- Wednesday, May 30; 6:30-9pm: BYVs are invited to join the Charlotte Millennial Art Program (MAPs) for their monthly meet up at Elder Gallery of Contemporary Art in South End. Following a talk by master painter Larry Horowitz, walk over to Wooden Robot for a free beer.
- Sunday, June 3; 12-6pm: The Bechtler is hosting the second annual “We’ve Got the Jazz Festival” at the museum from 12-6pm. This family friendly event will feature live music on two stages, art activities, local vendors, food trucks, games and a cash bar. Tickets are just $5 and can be purchased here.
- Tuesday, June 5; 6-7:30 p.m. - Join curator Jen Edwards for a special night of drinks and a private tour of our new exhibition, Wrestling the Angel. This event is free for BYVs and we encourage you to bring a guest! This event is limited to 25 participants. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See photos from Bechtler Young Visionaries' events on Flickr.
- Monday10am - 5pm
- Wednesday10am - 5pm
- Thursday10am - 5pm
- Friday10am - 5pm
- Saturday10am - 5pm
- Sunday12pm - 5pm
Book a space at the Bechtler to host your next event.