Jazz at the Bechtler: Smokin' Saxophones
LOCATION: BECHTLER MUSEUM OF MODERN ART
FRIDAY, APRIL 1 AT 6 OR 8:15 PM
Some of the hardest swinging LPs of the hard bop era featured two-tenor frontlines. Expanding to a quintet with the addition of guest saxophonist Danny Walsh, the Ziad Jazz Quartet will see what kind of massive grooves they can generate during this concert with their own versions. Performing with the group will be Emiko Ohara-Walsh (piano), Al Sergel (Drums), Ron Brendle (bass).
Get to know Danny Walsh
World-class saxophonist, composer, performer and Berklee College of Music graduate, Danny Walsh is regarded as one of the most gifted and versatile recording artists in the Jazz and R&B circuits.
The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art has made the decision to require proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test (taken no more than three days prior to the program date) for staff, artists, vendors, and attendees. Note: Proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test is not required for general admission to the museum.
Overview of COVID Policy Update:
- Proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test (taken no more than 3 days prior to program date) for staff, guests artists, vendors, and attendees.
- Ticket holders will be asked in advance to provide their documentation upon check-in at these programs.
- If guests do not have a vaccination card or negative test results at the time of check-in, they will be asked to return with proofs for future programming.
- Due to the county health mandate, masks will still be required indoors, even with vaccination or proof of negative test.
- Masks may be removed to eat or drink and should be placed back on the face when finished.
- This requirement does not apply to daily museum visitation or private rental events/clients.
Concerts are performed at 6 and 8:15 p.m. Each concert is 75 minutes with no intermission Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for the 6 p.m. concert and 7:45 p.m. for the 8:15 p.m. concert. General seating is first come, first served. Light bites and a full bar are available for purchase.
General Admission Tickets
Tickets are $20 for the public and $16 for museum members. Buy tickets online, over the phone at 704.353.9209 or at the admission desk. All ticket holders who purchase in advance of the concert are guaranteed a seat.
JAZZ AFFINITY GROUP MEMBER TICKETS
Season tickets to Jazz at the Bechtler are available via the Bechtler’s Jazz Affinity Group. The group is currently full but to be added to the waitlist, or for more information, contact email@example.com. Current Jazz Affinity Group members may RSVP digitally in advance of the upcoming concert using the link below. To RSVP, click below and follow the registration instructions on the following page.
- Monday10am - 5pm
- Wednesday10am - 5pm
- Thursday10am - 5pm
- Friday10am - 5pm
- Saturday10am - 5pm
- Sunday12pm - 5pm
Get directions and parking information.
Stay up to date with the latest Bechtler happenings by subscribing to our emails.