Music and Museum: Bechtler Ensemble
LOCATION: FOURTH-FLOOR GALLERY
MAY 21 AT 6 P.M.Buy Tickets
CHARLOTTE COMPOSERS FORUM
The Bechtler Ensemble presents it’s fourth year with the Charlotte Composers Forum, consisting of composers from Queens University, Winthrop University, UNCC and Central Piedmont Community College. In celebration of the Bechtler's latest exhibition, Celebrating Jean Tinguely and Santana, five composers have written original music to complement the piece. Three of the pieces include original choreography by UNCC's Associate Dance Professor, Kim Jones, with former dancers from the Martha Graham and Jose Limon Dance company as well as local dancers.
1. Mark Lewis - "Spectacle Machine" (with dancers: Amy Claugus, Pablo Francisco Ruvalcaba)
2. Ron Parks - "Successions"
3. Craig Bove - "Speed Limit" (with dancers: Masha Dashkina Maddux, E.E. Balcos, Kim Jones, Pablo Francisco Ruvalcaba)
4. Zach Zubov - "The Bare Plateau"
5. John Allemeier - "Santana Mix" (with dancers: E.E. Balcos, Amy Claugus, Kim Jones, Masha Dashkina Maddux, Pablo Francisco Ruvalcaba)
Concerts are performed at 6 p.m. in the fourth-floor gallery. General seating will be available at 5:30 p.m. with a cash bar being available at the same time.
Tickets are $12 per person for the public and just $8 per person for museum members. Buy Tickets online, by phone at 704.353.9200 or at the admission desk.
- Monday10am - 5pm
- Wednesday10am - 5pm
- Thursday10am - 5pm
- Friday10am - 5pm
- Saturday10am - 5pm
- Sunday12pm - 5pm
Book a space at the Bechtler to host your next event.
- Audio tours
- Docent-led tours
- Group tours