Bank of America presents: Museums On Us
MAY 06, 2016
Bank of America Kicks Off 19th Season of Museums on Us®
Nationally Recognized Program Provides Bank of America and Merrill Lynch Cardholders Free Access to 150 Participating Arts and Culture Institutions Across the U.S.
CHARLOTTE – Bank of America has announced the 2016 Museums on Us program roster, featuring many of the nation’s favorite arts, cultural and historical institutions. Museums on Us provides a cultural benefit to Bank of America and Merrill Lynch debit and credit cardholders across the U.S by providing each cardholder free admission to 150 prominent cultural institutions across 101 cities in 33 states on the first full weekend of every month.
“These cultural institutions help local economies thrive,” said Rena De Sisto, Bank of America global arts and culture executive. “We’re thrilled to make these unique cultural experiences accessible to our customers for the 19th year.”
Bank of America has partnerships with a variety of cultural institutions in the United States including museums, science centers, botanical gardens and aquariums. New members of the program in 2016 include the Nevada Museum of Art, Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage, the Hudson River Museum and the National Museum of Mexican Art (full list below). Notable institutions such as the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City and the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia continue to participate in the program.
2016 museum roster additions:
- Heard Museum – Phoenix, Ariz.
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History – New Haven, Conn.
- Coral Gables Museum – Miami, Fla.
- HistoryMiami Museum – Miami, Fla.
- Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) Museum of Art – Savannah, Ga.
- Boise Art Museum – Boise, Idaho
- DuSable Museum of African American History – Chicago, Ill.
- National Hellenic Museum – Chicago, Ill.
- National Museum of Mexican Art – Chicago, Ill.
- Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History & Culture – Baltimore, Md.
- Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the U.S. Senate – Boston, Mass.
- Nevada Museum of Art – Reno, Nev.
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum – New York, N.Y.
- Museum of Arts and Design – New York, N.Y.
- Museum of the Moving Image – New York, N.Y.
- Hudson River Museum – Yonkers, N.Y.
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts – Philadelphia, Penn.
- International Tennis Hall of Fame – Newport, R.I.
- Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage – Nashville, Tenn.
- Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture – Spokane, Wash.
To take advantage of or to benefit from the Museums on Us program, Bank of America and Merrill Lynch customers simply present their credit or debit card and a valid photo ID to gain one free general admission to any participating institution. Admission is limited to the cardholder and excludes fundraising events, special exhibitions and ticketed shows, and is not to be combined with other offers. For more information about Museums on Us and to view a full list of institutions, visit http://museums.bankofamerica.com.
Through programs like Museums on Us, sharing art, funding art conservation and global sponsorships of a wide range of world-class organizations, Bank of America aims to make an impact on economies and societies throughout the world and remains one of the world’s leading corporate supporters of arts organizations globally.
Bank of America
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving approximately 47 million consumer and small business relationships with approximately 4,700 retail financial centers, approximately 16,000 ATMs, and award-winning online banking with approximately 32 million active users and approximately 19 million mobile users. Bank of America is a global leader in wealth management, corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes, serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world. Bank of America offers industry-leading support to approximately 3 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients through operations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and more than 35 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE: BAC) is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.return to press room
Vice President of Marketing and Communications