MUSEUM GUIDELINES AND POLICIES
To ensure a pleasant experience for all museum visitors and to protect the museum's artworks for future generations, the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art requests guests adhere to the following rules and guidelines:
- Still photography is permitted in the galleries for personal, non-commercial use only (unless otherwise posted). Video, flash, tripods and selfie sticks are not permitted.
- All bags 11" x 15" or larger, as well as all umbrellas, must be stored in the coat closet at the front desk. See front desk associate for details.
- Please silence and refrain from using cell phones and other personal electronic devices in the galleries.
- Sketching is permitted in the galleries with pencil only, no ink or paint.
- Smoking, including electronic smoking, is prohibited on museum property, including on the plaza and the outdoor sculpture terrace.
- Please refrain from taking food and drink into the galleries.
- Please do not chew gum.
- Please refrain from touching works of art or any protective coverings of artwork.
- No pets are allowed, except for assistance and guide animals.
- For your safety, do not climb or sit on sculptures.
- Do not sit or stand on pedestals or platforms.
- Do not lean on display cases.
- Please be sure children are attended at all times.
Welcome. The Bechtler is committed to making our galleries and facilities accessible to everyone and offers a variety of free programs and services to meet the needs of visitors of all ages and abilities. If you do not find what you are looking for, please contact email@example.com.
Gallery Assistance: Visitor Service Associates are posted around the museum to assist with way finding and to answer questions about the artwork.
Amenities: Accessible restrooms and a water fountain are located on the first floor of the museum.
Service Animals: All service animals are welcome at the Bechtler.
Admission: Individuals with disabilities and their companions are admitted for free.
Assistance for Visitors with Limited Mobility: All public areas in the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art are accessible to visitors with wheelchairs and to visitors who use mobility assistance devices. Complimentary wheelchairs may be requested at the admissions desk. Wheelchair availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. Elevators are located on all floors of the museum. Accessible restrooms and a water fountain are located on the first floor.
Visitors with Intellectual, Developmental, and Other Disabilities: Specially designed tours are available upon request. Tours and creative programming are also offered for adults with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities through our Creative Access program in partnership with InReach.
firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Specially tailored tours are available upon request.
For Visitors who are Deaf or Hearing Impaired: American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation and/or live captioning is available free of charge upon request with three weeks advance notice and is dependent on ASL interpreter availability.
Programming for Visitors with Dementia: Museum Memories offers art-looking experiences followed by creative activities and socializing. The program is specially designed for individuals with early-stage dementia and their care partners. To learn more about the program and sign up for a visit click here. Programming is free but space is limited so please pre-register. Day centers or senior living centers may request a separate visit by emailing email@example.com.
- Monday10am - 5pm
- Wednesday10am - 5pm
- Thursday10am - 5pm
- Friday10am - 5pm
- Saturday10am - 5pm
- Sunday12pm - 5pm
Get directions and parking information.
- Audio tours
- Docent-led tours
- Group tours