MUSEUM GUIDELINES AND POLICIES
To ensure a pleasant experience for all museum visitors and to protect the museum's artworks for future generations, the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art requests guests adhere to the following rules and guidelines:
- Still photography is permitted in the galleries for personal, non-commercial use only (unless otherwise posted). Video, flash, tripods and selfie sticks are not permitted.
- All bags 11" x 15" or larger, as well as all umbrellas, must be stored in the coat closet at the front desk. See front desk associate for details.
- Please silence and refrain from using cell phones and other personal electronic devices in the galleries.
- Sketching is permitted in the galleries with pencil only, no ink or paint.
- Smoking, including electronic smoking, is prohibited on museum property, including on the plaza and the outdoor sculpture terrace.
- Please refrain from taking food and drink into the galleries. Food and drink are permitted in the museum café only.
- Please do not chew gum.
- Please refrain from touching works of art or any protective coverings of artwork.
- No pets are allowed, except for assistance and guide animals.
- For your safety, do not climb or sit on sculptures.
- Do not sit or stand on pedestals or platforms.
- Do not lean on display cases.
- Please be sure children are attended at all times.
- All public areas in the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art are accessible to visitors in wheelchairs.
- Complimentary wheelchairs may be requested at the admissions desk. Wheelchair availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Elevators are located on all floors of the museum.
- The public restrooms located on the lobby level are accessible.
- An accessible drinking fountain is located near the restrooms.
- Monday10am - 5pm
- Wednesday10am - 5pm
- Thursday10am - 5pm
- Friday10am - 5pm
- Saturday10am - 5pm
- Sunday12pm - 5pm
Get directions and parking information.
find out more